Thursday, January 6, 2011

Kate Gengo

Kate Gengo was a female pop\dance singer from the late 80s. Not much information is given about her, but she was signed to CBS Associated Records.

In 1988, Kate released the single "Tell Me.  It's unknown how or if the song ever charted.

After that, it seemed as if Kate had faded into obscurity, but it turns out that she's no longer in obscurity and here's what she had to say:

"Hi, this is Kate Gengo and I am no longer obscure! Back in 1988 I sold over 30,000 copies of this single and my song was played in many major cities across the US including New York, Chicago, LA, Detroit, Dallas, Miami. The single topped the DJ charts in New York City. This is a rare single because no other single at the time had 7 edited versions of the song. After the music industry I became a professional extreme sports athlete traveling around the world competing in the X-Games. Today I am a school teacher living in Seattle and loving every minute of it! Muah!"

To see a fan-made video for "Tell Me," go to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbPpX8FWZss


[Updated on 12\30\2015]

1 comment:

Kate Marie Gengo said...

Hi, this is Kate Gengo and I am no longer obscure! Back in 1988 I sold over 30,000 copies of this single and my song was played in many major cities across the US including New York, Chicago, LA, Detroit, Dallas, Miami. The single topped the DJ charts in New York City. This is a rare single because no other single at the time had 7 edited versions of the song.
After the music industry I became a professional extreme sports athlete traveling around the world competing in the X-Games. Today I am a school teacher living in Seattle and loving every minute of it!
Muah!