Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sexual Harrassment

Sexual Harrassment was a pop/dance/R&B music project from the 80s that was centered around DJ/producer Lynn Tolliver Jr (or David Payton) who also wrote all of the lyrics & music.

The project featured a changing roster of vocalists & musicians such as Alicia Starr, Charlie Inez, Dale Jackson, Kelly Albright, Lourdes Figueroa and Lynne Poole.
In 1982, they released their only album "I Need a Freak" on Heat Records. It's unknown how or if the album was successful.
The title song was released as the first single, but it is unknown how or if the single made the charts at all.
The follow-up single from the album "K-I-S-S-I-N-G" was released, but didn't appear to make any impact on the charts.
In 1984, Sexual Harrassment released the single "We Want Prince" which went nowhere on the charts at all.

The project's last musical release was in 1986 with the single "These Are the Things That I Like" on the Future Entertainment record label.

After that, nothing much has been heard from them and it seems as if Sexual Harrassment has faded into obscurity.

To see a fan-made video for "I Need a Freak," go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYzwnH-v2d4

To see a fan-made video for "K-I-S-S-I-N-G," go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiLw9tXzlLk


[updated on 08/01/13]

No comments: