Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Aileen Quinn's Debut Album

Okay, I know that Aileen Quinn (the star of the 1982 movie, "Annie") isn't considered a rare and obscure musician, but her first album is considered "rare and obscure" because this album is really hard to find nowadays.
In November 1982, Aileen released an album called "Bobby's Girl" on Columbia Records after she finished filming "Annie."

The album mostly consisted of cover songs such as Leo Sayer's "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing," Crystal Gayle's "Songs" from the "Sesame Street Country" album, "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday" from "The Muppet Movie" and of course, the title song, "Bobby's Girl."

Due to lack of promotion (which Aileen should've deserved), the album isn't recognized at record stores and today, the album's a rarity. If you're trying to look for this album, you can try your luck on Ebay or Gemm, but like I've said, this album is really hard to find.

Once again, I know that Aileen Quinn isn't considered an "rare and obscure" artist, but her debut album is a rarity and it caught my interest as being rare and obscure, so I figured I might as well post this to see if any other music lovers know about this album.

As a bonus, here are two fan-made videos from her debut album:

To see a fan-made video for "Bobby's Girl," go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9seLVe9r01U&amp

To see a fan-made video for "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing," go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZxirmDtYBM

1 comment:

katiegerman said...

I just saw on IMDB that this album is rare. Although my taste in music has changed (at least I hope it has), I really dug this album when I was a kid. I had a sinking feeling that it may have been involved in a freak water spill by a plumber that landed right on my record collection (which included EVERY Brady Bunch album, sigh). I'll keep my hopes up and I'll keep looking.