Saturday, June 13, 2009

Jill

Jill (born Jill Minor) was a dance singer from the late 80's. Not much information is given on this singer, but she was signed to Paris International Records.

In 1986, Jill released her first single, "Match Made Up in Heaven" which peaked at #28 on Billboard's Hot Dance Music\Maxi-Singles Sales chart.
Jill released two more singles: "Friendly Advice" and "Wait For Me" to no success and after that, she had seemingly faded into obscurity, but according to a comment I received from Jill herself:

"I didn't fade into obscurity, as much as I was totally scammed by the guys at Paris Interntnl! My name is Jill Minor and I recorded Match Made Up In Heaven, Ray Martinez and his producer, Jose Gonzales got into a dispute, probably about paying me, and I never saw a single dime from this record! they hired a girl named Terri to lip sync to MY voice and she is probably the one who recorded the other song, which is obviously Not my voice!

I'm glad so many people loved the song, I even rewrote some of the lyrics in the studio! I still live in south fla and so does the girl who pretended to be ME!


Hope this sheds a little light!"

To see a fan-made video for "Match Made Up in Heaven," go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVHDIcstaVY

To see a fan-made video for "Friendly Advice," go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILC85IVSZyU

To see a fan-made video for "Wait For Me," go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXD7GnPV1QI


[updated on 05\29\13]

2 comments:

Jill said...

I didn't fade into obscurity, as much as I was totally scammed by the guys at Paris Interntnl! My name is Jill Minor and I recorded Match Made Up In Heaven, Ray Martinez and his producer, Jose Gonzales got into a dispute, probably about paying me, and I never saw a single dime from this record! they hired a girl named Terri to lip sync to MY voice and she is probably the one who recorded the other song, which is obviously Not my voice!

I'm glad so many people loved the song, I even rewrote some of the lyrics in the studio! I still live in south fla and so does the girl who pretended to be ME!

Hope this sheds a little light!

Jill

bonnie bianco said...

gr8 2 hear from jill but sad she was ripped off.